Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Back to School Already?

Image result for teachers back to school quotes


As I walked through Wal-Mart this morning, I saw the usual summer pile of parents and kids in the school supply aisle. Parent trying to get the exact supplies on the list, and kids fighting for the more "in" products on the shelves.


After witnessing two or three of the above scenarios, Imuttering to myself "Oh, those poor moms. I'm not looking forward to when I have kids to take back to school shopping," reality hit me like the Texas heat outside! It's back to school time! Parents are shopping for school supplies! THINGS ARE GETTING SERIOUS!!

You see, I have been avoiding most stores this summer after seeing the Back to School ads around mid to end of June! JUNE PEOPLE! That is way to early to break my summer vibe.Image result for teachers back to school quotes

But this trip was different. This trip I realized that the mile long list of work that I need to get done before school starts on August 22nd, is something that I need to get busy with! Sure I've marked a few things off over the summer here and there. But I have less than a month before students enter my classroom!!! I mean my classroom MUST be super cute and organized!!

Image result for teachers back to school quotes

So after finishing my Wal-Mart trip and getting everything put up at home, I headed to the school. Only to find wet paint signs before I even scanned my badge to get in the building! The doors had just been painted. So I had to make a quick decision, was this sign just a warning to be careful or was it telling me to go away? I decided that I couldn't put off starting in my classroom much longer, so in I went.

My classroom was bare! (I should've taken before pictures, but I forgot) Everything neatly boxed up and moved so that everything could be moved for cleaning and painting!

I am proud to say that my classroom no longer looks like it did when I left for summer vacation! Now it looks like a disaster zone! Anyone else have this problem?? I decided I needed to go through things (until I was about halfway through with one shelf) and now I regret every decision made after my reality check in Wal-Mart earlier!


Just wait... It gets worse.

This is about when I decided that going through things was a bad idea!

That was my FOURTH filled trash can!!

Maybe my whole classroom will eventually look as nice as my aides corner!



As soon as my classroom starts to look back to school ready, my posts may not have much helpful content in them. But I am proud to say that if you were like me and waited to work in your classroom, my post might make you feel a little less behind! Haha. Maybe my after pictures from tomorrow will put me at ease a little!

Happy organizing and decorating fellow PreK Ninjas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment